Mission Statement & Goals
The Riverside County Injury Prevention Services develops and implements strategies that will reduce the severity of injuries, disability and death due to unintentional injuries to residents in Riverside County.
- Determine the most common causes of preventable injuries in a community by obtaining community level data
- Conduct needs assessment for the target populations, considering common risk factors and community needs
- To design interventions to address injury problem
- To work with existing groups to form coalitions or task force
- Expand successful prevention programs throughout the county as needed
- Provide community education and outreach